If you want to get married in the Caribbean, you won't be able to avoid Barbados. This beautiful Caribbean island with its very hearty and friendly people, is just made to begin your holy bond of matrimony.
If you are planning to get married on a tropical dream island, then you have to take a look at the opportunities that Barbados provides for couples which are going to get married.
Places where you can get married on Barbados
The people of Barbados are friendly and very obliging. Therefore, you can use and hire a variety of facilities on the island.
Here are some possibilities and ideas:
(2) botanical gardens
(3) at beaches and bays
(4) at a legde directly in front of the ocean (e.g. Bottom Bay)
(5) at historical facilities and places
(6) in one of the manorial "Plantation Houses"
(7) Farley national park
(8) Harrison's Cave (a flowstone cave)
(9) On a catamaran in front of the coast of Barbados.
You can get married on a safari, in a submarine and if you have the necessary small money you can even rent an entire golf resort. There are almost no limits for your imagination.
Requirements for your wedding.
First of all you need to provide some important documents and you have to meet certain conditions, for example a minimum age of 16.
Here are some examples of the things you need to provide:
(1) A vaild passport.
(2) If you were married before, you need to provide a certificate of divorce or in case of widow(er) a death certificate.
(3) These documents have to be notarized.
(4) A written confirmation by a registrar, priest, etc. which says that she or he is performing your wedding ceremony.
(5) Minimum age is 16.
(6) If one of you is under 18 years old, you need the consent of both parents. Both parents must be present during the application process.
(7) Declaration of intent or a certificate, if one of you had a change of name before.
(8) All this documents must be provided in english.
Barbados as a destination for your honeymoon
Many newly married couples are going to top off their wedding with a honeymoon in Barbados. A lot of the hotels in Barbados are offering special "Honeymoon Suites" to married couples.
Gradually, we will provide you with as much information as possible. Our goal is to help couples - which are not afraid of the effort - to plan their own wedding with less stress an money, so that you can afford your dream wedding in the Caribbean even on a relatively small budget.